Whew! This has been a little bit like labor for me...
There were moans and groans along the way; moments where I wanted to tear my hair out as coding would work one moment and not work the next. There were definite labor pains, and then the final push this morning to make the new site, with all of its new features, live.
Truth be told, its turned out better than even I imagined. And that thrills me to no end! I love when a vision comes to life. I've been thinking about these changes for a while now and its so exciting to see the fruits of my labor. Ha!
What changes, you ask. Here's a quick list for you...
- We have moved from a blogging format to a website format. The main page displays a slideshow of revolving designs, along with the testimonial from the client. You can pause the slideshow to read, click on the forward and backward arrows, or allow the slideshow to run on its own.
- However, if you’re reading this, then you’re reading it from a completely separate part of the new site. Introducing the business blog! I used to link directly to my personal blog (and you can still check me out there), but I thought this would be more streamlined. Be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed so you don’t miss a post.
- The main page also has new features that will allow you to link directly to Munchkin Land Designs’ Facebook page, subscribe to the RSS feed, send me an email, or check out my personal Twitter account. (Notice that I said its a personal Twitter account. So you’ll get plenty of tweets about my Littles. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Ha!)
- On the main page, you’ll also see the latest blog post, you can grab a Munchkin Land Designs blog button, and notice any new announcements, such as blog changes, giveaways, promotions, etc.
- And speaking of announcements… The PREMADE TEMPLATES are up now too! Please go check those out and let me know what you think! I hope I’ve made it clear that the premade templates are sold “as is” and I will only be changing the title, tagline, and signature at that price. I’m open to any changes/additions that clients want to make, but please email me directly to inquire about those.
There are so many other changes too! I’ve updated the Other Fun Links page with links to various home-based companies. If you’re interested in listing your site there, please let me know. I’ll be happy to add you! I’m going to be adding a new blog feature that will highlight blogs I’ve designed so you can get to know the person behind the blog. I hope to get that up and running within the next two weeks or so.
As with any changes, there’s bound to be a few hiccups, so I’m asking for a little bit of patience and grace as we work through those. Please feel free to let me know if you run across something that’s not working. Some times fresh eyes see things that I’ve overlooked.
Well, there you have it! I’d love to hear your thoughts on the new restructure. Do you like it? Not like it? What’s your favorite change?
Please be sure to continue checking in with us. I’m doing a fun giveaway in a couple of weeks, a little bit different than other giveaways we’ve done.
P.S. I added 15 new designs to the gallery this morning too! Go check those out as well!